This page will hopefully help you understand what is covered by the Repair & Maintain service and what isn’t.
Along with the self-fix films we have available on this website, we are confident that you will be able solve your repair problems easily and quickly.
Below is a list of the most common repairs issues we come across and who is responsible for maintaining them:
Jonnie Johnson Housing
& Great Places Housing Group’s responsibility:
- All structural and external repairs (unless damage is caused by resident)
- Repairs to installations where applicable*, such as:
- Heating and hot water system
- Gas fires
- Sanitation ware
- Plumbing to external areas
- Repairs to and painting of communal and/or external areas
- Keeping your home in good condition and well decorated
- Maintaining any appliances which you have brought to your home
- Carrying out any repairs that were caused as a result of damage by you, a family member or visitor
- Dealing with minor items such as:
- Replacing lost keys and lock changes if keys are lost
- Replacing electric fuses, plugs and light bulbs
- Replacing plugs in sinks/baths
- Adjusting doors after carpets have been fitted
- Clearing up broken glass inside your home
- Repairing cracks in tiles and plaster work
- Clearing blockages due to misuse
- Replacing or fixing toilet seats
- Please note: variations for leaseholders may apply.
We realise that these lists aren’t exhaustive and on the odd occasion a problem may occur, which isn’t covered by these lists. If this is the case, we would recommend that you contact us directly - remembering to call the right number– and we will happily talk it through with you.
All contact details can be found on either the ‘report a repair’ or ‘contact us’ pages.